ULTRALIGHT CARBON ENDURANCE ROAD BIKE FRAME
With greater lateral stiffness and a superlight weight of just 785g (size medium, frame only), this is the lightest, most efficient Defy frame ever. It's paired with a new Advanced SL-grade fork that weighs 350g, 15 percent lighter than the previous generation Defy fork. This frameset also includes the new D-Fuse SLR seatpost, which adds 40 percent more road-smoothing compliance compared to the previous generation, and two bottle cages.
ADVANCED SL COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY
- Professional Grade raw carbon fiber is woven in our composite factory to produce our lightest, stiffest and highest quality frames. This is the technology used by Giant's pro racers in almost every cycling discipline.
COMPACT ROAD DESIGN
- Introduced by Giant with the professional Team ONCE in the 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
- The proprietary "D" shaped composite seatpost damps vibration, resulting in a smooth, compliant ride.
- Found inside the head tube of the all-new Propel range, the D-shaped fork steerer tube and corresponding spacers provide an extremely aerodynamic, easier to service system of internally routed brake and derailleur cables.
- A massively oversized bottom-bracket/chainstay area features a fully integrated, 86-millimeter wide bottom-bracket design (92-millimeter wide for off-road bikes). Asymmetric chainstays provide additional stiffness on the driveside and stability on the non-driveside.
*38mm max tire size*
|A - Seat Tube Length (mm)||410||445||480||515||535||565|
|B - Seat Tube Angle (°)||74.5°||74.0°||73.5°||73.0°||73.0°||73.0°|
|C - Top Tube Length (mm)||515||530||545||560||575||595|
|D - Head Tube Length (mm)||120||140||150||175||195||215|
|E - Head Tube Angle (°)||70.5°||71.8°||72.5°||72.5°||72.5°||72.5°|
|F - Fork Rake (mm)||50||50||50||50||50||50|
|G - Trail (mm)||71.6||63.4||58.6||58.6||58.6||58.6|
|H - Wheelbase (mm)||995||994||998||1010||1025||1040|
|I - Chain Stay Length (mm)||420||420||420||420||420||420|
|J - Bottom Bracket Drop (mm)||75||75||75||70||70||70|
|K - Stack (mm)||527||541||558||577||596||615|
|L - Reach (mm)||369||375||380||384||393||402|
|M - Stand Over Height (mm)||705||733||762||796||814||841|
|N - Handlebar Width (mm)||400||400||420||420||440||440|
|O - Stem Length (mm)||80||90||100||100||110||110|
|P - Crank Length (mm)||170||170||172.5||172.5||175||175|
|Q - Wheel Size||700C||700C||700C||700C||700C||700C|
|CM||157 - 169||165 - 175||171 - 181||177 - 187||183 - 193||189 - 199|
|Frame||Advanced SL-grade composite, disc|
|Fork||Advanced SL-grade composite, full-composite OverDrive Aero steerer, disc|
|Seatpost||Giant SLR D-Fuse, composite, -5/+15mm offset|
|Accessories & Extras||computer mount, fender mount, water bottle cages.|
* Subject to change without notice.